1. Introduction and General Terms
- what information STEMNET may collect about you;
- how STEMNET will use information we collect about you;
- whether STEMNET will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
2. What information will STEMNET collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service or information from STEMNET, such as newsletters, e-bulletins, commenting, message boards or register with the online systems, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, in addition to (for teachers) school address, telephone number and website, (for employers) company name, (for STEM Ambassadors) home address.? By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable STEMNET and its local contract holders to provide you with the services you select.
3. How will STEMNET use the information you collect about me?
STEMNET will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to send information you request, or where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that STEMNET may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for as set out in section 4 below, eg. to provide you with password reminders.
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the STEMNetworking website, including any content you provide; and
- the IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use.
- to analyse and improve the services offered on network.stemnet.org.uk. For example to provide you with the most user friendly navigation experience.
Where STEMNET proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.?
4. When will STEMNET contact me?
STEMNET may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that STEMNetworking can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to STEMNetworking
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the STEMNetworking services (participation is always voluntary)
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
STEMNET may occasionally promote new services to you if you agree to be contacted for these purposes. This would occur no more than once per term.
6. Will STEMNET share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential within STEMNET, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in Section 9 below. Generally, we will only use your information within STEMNET. However, sometimes STEMNET uses third parties to process your information. STEMNET will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and STEMNET will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on STEMNET’s websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to STEMNET’s websites including stemclubs.net and stemchallenges.net, networking.stemnet.org.uk or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, STEMNET may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where STEMNET reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), STEMNET may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to STEMNET.
9. How long will STEMNET keep my personal information?
STEMNET will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a STEMNetworking member, once an account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for administration purposes.
10. Can I find out what personal information STEMNET holds about me?
12. Cookies Policy – Information STEMNET collects from you
What is a cookie?
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience.